Friday, October 14, 2005

Well, it's been 4 days since my last post.

I think I'm in danger of becoming prolific.

I had to look up prolific on dictionary.com to see if I was using it right.

I'm not gonna tell you if I was.

Suffer.

Anywho, today's dilemma:

I work a flex schedule and today I am supposed to get off of work an hour early.

This morning, The Boss told everyone they could leave an hour early today as a mini-reward for a job well-done on a recent project.

So does that mean I get to leave TWO hours early?

More importantly, do I ask The Boss for clarification?

With the chance that I WON'T get to leave two hours early?

But ensuring that I don't make a mistake and tick the boss off?

And also assuring the boss that I am a responsible employee who is mindful of the welfare of the department?

...

Now let's flash back to reality, kiddos.

It's Friday.

I'm leaving two hours early today.

Sometimes, it's better to ask forgiveness than permission

7 Comments:

Blogger JimBob said...

LOL!

You'd make a good CEO.

Friday, October 14, 2005 at 12:29:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Karen Zipdrive said...

JB, you need me to kick some bat ass for ya?

Friday, October 14, 2005 at 12:48:00 PM CDT  
Blogger JimBob said...

nah, batman is one of my closest friends from years back.

our ongoing complaint is that we are constantly oppressed by The Man.

batman, meet karen. karen, meet batman.

and over there is dusty. dusty - batman. batman - dusty.

now we can be a big happy dysfunctional family.

i'm going for coffee.

Friday, October 14, 2005 at 1:13:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

yeah he might talk a good game but does he know shit about sports Jimbob? Batman is CEO material..god help us all..

holy shit you got word verification..guess your staying eh?

Monday, October 17, 2005 at 12:02:00 PM CDT  
Blogger JimBob said...

karen told me to.

and i said, "yes ma'am".

LOL. yeah, dusty, this blogging is kind of therapeutic and fun. think i'll try it for awhile.

Monday, October 17, 2005 at 1:10:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Karen Zipdrive said...

Yeah, right- I get a big picture of you saying 'yes ma'am' to me.
I'm just lucky you don't stare at my elderly but still somewhat perky boobs when you talk to me.

Monday, November 7, 2005 at 7:31:00 PM CST  
Blogger JimBob said...

Elderly boobs? what do THOSE look like?

You just made me have a TERRIBLE mental picture of someone's grandma topless...

*ouch*

I'll get you for that.

Tuesday, November 8, 2005 at 5:26:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home