Sunday, June 21, 2009

A small yet poignant

Break

From my usual cynicism

Or is it pessimism?

There is a difference.

(Look it up. Learn sumfin'. Sheesh.)

Today is Father's Day.

My daughters got me a couple nice gifts:







One knows how much I really love unique gifts

Thus the edible bouquet of fruit

(the 2nd picture, in case you were confused.)

The other knows I love playing computer games

Thus the pic of the computer disk

(The disk is the game she got me as a gift, in case 2 + 2 didn't equal 4 for you).

(Can you use the process of elimination to guess which picture the disk is?)

Plus they both got me very funny cards.

Cuz, yup, I like very funny cards.

For my daughters, JoJoBob and TarjaBob:


Your hugs, wondrous.

My past, now unimportant.

My sins, forgiven.

My future, suddenly bright.

You speak and my soul soars.

“Da-da.”

6 Comments:

Blogger Karen Zipdrive said...

I know those two little monkeys and they dropped a small fortune on that fruity thing.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 5:34:00 PM CDT  
Blogger JimBob said...

I have good kids. Sometimes I wonder what I did to deserve such rewards.

Saturday, June 27, 2009 at 10:31:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

You don't deserve them..but your one lucky man JimBob. ;)

My son called me from OK and then I cried for an hour cuz I miss his dumb ass bad.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009 at 12:29:00 PM CDT  
Blogger JimBob said...

Aw, you sound like a good mom, Dusty! Hugs to ya!

Wednesday, July 1, 2009 at 7:12:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks m'dear..I can always use a cyber hug JimBob.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009 at 7:41:00 PM CDT  
Blogger JimBob said...

Anytime! You're one of my two regular readers! I gots to keep you happy!

Thursday, July 2, 2009 at 4:30:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home