Thursday, October 27, 2005

*Sigh*

Another moral dilemma.

Work-related.

This evening the carpet in my office is being replaced.

Everything must be up off the floor and out of the shelves.

Packed into boxes and moved out.

It will probably take me 2-3 hours to get it all done.

Which means I've lost almost a whole afternoon of potentially-productive work time.

The dilemma:

Should I bust my butt this morning trying to do twice as much work

So that the loss of my afternoon doesn't affect my overall productivity for the week?

Or should I just operate at my normal pace this morning

And not feel bad about losing the afternoon?

I mean, the decision to replace the carpeting was made by higher-ups

So it isn't like it's MY fault that I'm not getting anything done this afternoon.
.
.
.
There is a third option.

I could just sit here and fuck around on the computer all morning

And get NO work done

And tell anyone who asks

"I'm just checking my email before packing boxes..."

Guess which one I picked.








If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

LOL..god love ya dude..you have heard the news I hope..scooter is unemployed and facing five counts..I have a link to the indictment docs on my blog..i love your quote at the bottom about barbie..god you make me laugh!

Friday, October 28, 2005 at 12:59:00 PM CDT  
Blogger JimBob said...

yeah, i heard the news! thank god! and let's hope it's just the beginning!

next grand jury victims - ROVE & CHENEY!

glad i could give u a chuckle. it's what life's all about - having fun (just not at anyone else's expense).

Friday, October 28, 2005 at 2:53:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

dude..you are a serious slacker in the blog department :P

Thursday, November 3, 2005 at 1:22:00 PM CST  
Blogger Karen Zipdrive said...

A totally serious slacker.
Hey JB- Dusty and Klondike Kate are planning a road trip down our way next year.
Tex Mex, anyone?

Monday, November 7, 2005 at 7:26:00 PM CST  
Blogger JimBob said...

hell yeah. let's take 'em to the alamo cafe!

Monday, November 7, 2005 at 8:42:00 PM CST  
Blogger Karen Zipdrive said...

...or out for some Tex Mex food!

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 at 7:21:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home