Saturday, February 11, 2006

Last post - 3 Jan 06.

Before that - 25 Dec 05.

I was getting dangerously close to becoming

Prolific.

I had to stop

Or at least slow down

Before I became a madman

And lost all control of my life.

...

So my youngest

(12 years old)

Is goth

(Yuck)

And she really likes heavy metal

(Not yuck).

Actually she and I share an affinity for things like

AC/DC

Korn

Evanescence

Rob Zombie

Black Sabbath

And others.

So when she came home one day

Ranting

Raving

About a group called

"Him"

I naturally thought I'd check it out.

So off I go to Best Buy

With jovial thoughts

Of mindless head-banging

Dancing in my skull.

Now being a college graduate

I easily locate "H"

Among the Pop/Rock CDs and in no time

I hold

In my hot little hands

A CD with a picture of some slimy guy on the cover

Who would truly make Jimmy Swaggart

And Jim Bakker

Vomit.

I'm happy.

So I pay the cashier

Sprint to the truck

Spend half an hour fighting the wrapping off the CD

And pop it in the player.

The first few notes of the first song

BLARE

LOUD

FAST

HARD

I'm in rock and roll ecstasy

For 3.8 seconds.

Then as soon as the orgy of sound started

It stopped.

Allofasudden I'm listening to somebody

Who wanted to be David Bowie.

Don't get me wrong.

I likes me some David Bowie.

In fact

"Golden Years"

ALWAYS gets me singing at the top of my lungs.

But it's like this:

When I want chocolate ice cream

I don't eat pizza.

Two different worlds.

...

Now the really bad part...

I was SO convinced

That this was gonna be great music

That I bought TWO of "Him"'s CDs

(yes the quotes are correct, snooty)

And they BOTH had the same sound.

Of course this was good news to my goth daughter

As she now has

Two brand new CDs

By Him.

...

Follow-up:

Very rarely in my life

Have I actually LOVED

A song

First time I heard it.

My earliest memory

Of this phenomenon:

I was a teenager

Listening to a RECORD

(You know - looks kind of like a CD, but it's big and black and there's music on BOTH sides...)

The song was

"Nobody's Fault"

I'll let you figger out who the group was.

(Research it

Buy the CD

It'll be worth your while)

Anywho, the latest event like this for me was the song

"Iron Head"

Rob Zombie.

Check it out.

...

Ed. Note - In truth, I don't really know if the quotes were correct. And in even MORE truth, I don't really give a [expletive deleted]...










Never go to bed mad. Stay up and fight; it’s far more interesting that way.

17 Comments:

Blogger JimBob said...

Man, I really love your BLOG! You are a God among men! You tell it like it is and touch my soul with every post!

Saturday, February 11, 2006 at 9:10:00 PM CST  
Blogger JimBob said...

Oops. I guess I shouldn't put fake posts up under my own name.

Kinda ruins the effect, y'know...

Saturday, February 11, 2006 at 9:11:00 PM CST  
Blogger enigma4ever said...

Jim Bob- I came here via Dusty- and your favorite movie list had me laughing like mad...
hmm, but now I see that you leave yourself comments..
so I am wondering if the movie list was real?

Sunday, February 12, 2006 at 1:47:00 AM CST  
Blogger Unknown said...

You dipshit..I have been checking your blog for months and months for a post and I missed it when you finally put one up.

Your daughter is goth? OH you poor man..but it could be worse I guess..she could be into the bible and think Bush is the reincarnation of JC hisself.

At least you two can share music, but not clothing tips..does she have any tats or piercings yet?

Sunday, February 12, 2006 at 9:47:00 AM CST  
Blogger JimBob said...

enigma - LOL! The movie list is actually from a longer list of "Banned Children's Books" that I used to use as jokes in the classroom.

dusty - nice to see you too! i'm SO SURE that calling me a dipshit is goint to encourage more postings in the immediate future. LOL! Just Kidding. You know I love to hear from you...

There's not much danger of either of my daughters becoming GWB or JC worshippers. We are very open about our beliefs (and our disbeliefs) in the home and they are growing up to be very open-minded and AWARE (esp about Repubes and organized religion).

At the same time, we're TRYING to teach them tolerance. It seems to have worked on the older, but the younger...well she doesn't mind spouting to ANYONE within earshot about her thoughts on GWB and religion in general.

Her Mom says she gets that from me.

Sunday, February 12, 2006 at 10:23:00 AM CST  
Blogger JimBob said...

Oh, to answer yer last Q: my li'l goth has one piercing. Belly-button. I took her to get it when she was 9.

I had to get mine done too, cuz she wanted to see it happen to somebody else before she did it.

She screamed like a banshee, but she loves having it.

Sunday, February 12, 2006 at 10:26:00 AM CST  
Blogger Unknown said...

LMAO..your bellybutton is pierced? NO way..

wow wee..i refused my son piercings.he is now old enough to get them and still hasnt...me either btw...you however ..you got any tats?

Sunday, February 12, 2006 at 12:13:00 PM CST  
Blogger JimBob said...

I have one tat on my left shoulder. Mandatory Army thing. Everyone gets one sooner or later in the military. It's ooooooold and in need of recoloring.

Also, I have 3 rings in my navel. I already had one when my goth kid wanted hers, so i had the guy do 2 more to show her it wasn't so bad.

She wants tats, but I told her she had to wait till she's 18 (or outta the house), before making that decision. Piercings are easy to reverse - tattoos aren't.

What 'bout u? Tats?

Sunday, February 12, 2006 at 2:51:00 PM CST  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nope..no tats for moi..but i swear each and every birthday to get one..then I get drunk and forget about it..

Sunday, February 12, 2006 at 6:02:00 PM CST  
Blogger JimBob said...

nonono. yer doin' it all wrong...

yer SUPPOSED to get drunk and get the tat!

Sunday, February 12, 2006 at 8:12:00 PM CST  
Blogger Unknown said...

I thought they woouldn't give ya a tat if you have been drinking..thins the blood and all..

I really want one..just too chicken..

Monday, February 13, 2006 at 1:40:00 AM CST  
Blogger JimBob said...

yeah, they're not SUPPOSED to give you one when yer drunk. but i wasn't one to frequent reputable places back when i got mine...

don't be scared. it didn't hurt a bit. (do you believe me?) LOL!

Monday, February 13, 2006 at 6:55:00 AM CST  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hell no I don't believe you...about this one thing only..all other things your word is gospel.

Monday, February 13, 2006 at 2:22:00 PM CST  
Blogger JimBob said...

you may now bow down and worship the ground upon which My Greatness trods.

Thursday, February 16, 2006 at 9:04:00 PM CST  
Blogger Karen Zipdrive said...

Okay JB, I demand to see that belly button on Saturday. I am shocked.
As for your taste in music, I am shocked once again.
You younger kids are nuts.
And your Goth kid- have I met her? The one I met was more Barbie than Marilyn Manson.
WTF?

Thursday, February 16, 2006 at 9:39:00 PM CST  
Blogger JimBob said...

LOL.

i don't advertise the fact that i have belly rings. especially where you and i go on saturdays. women tend to think yer hittin' on 'em when u flash anatomical bits...

Friday, February 17, 2006 at 6:10:00 AM CST  
Blogger Unknown said...

good lord..where do you two hang out on saturdays? I am now dying for details..

I have no life whatdoyouexpect?

Friday, February 17, 2006 at 11:54:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home